Process Physics: Examining its Usefulness and Maturity

In summary, the topic of Process Physics has not been extensively discussed in search forums. The general consensus in the community is that it is not useful and lacks credibility due to its association with Reg Cahill and perceived misconceptions. There are limited resources available for studying and learning about it.
dansas
I have been unable to find this topic discussed in "search forums" [ If it has been, I am deeply sorry].

Is Process Physics useful? Is it mature enough to spend time studying and learning it? What is, so far, the general consensus in the community about its value?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Process_Physics [Broken]
http://www.scieng.flinders.edu.au/cpes/people/cahill_r/processphysics.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Never heard of it. The wikipedia article mentions Reg Cahill a few times in the opening, that can't be a good sign.

(The physics community responds that way to people who proclaim that the noise in their cheap motion-through-ether-measuring experiments is actually gravitational wave signals.)

Last edited:
I've previously sat down and read through a 100+ page document on this. In my opinion it started with promise but then spiralled into misconception.

Note that that's just an opinion. I can offer no credentials to back it up, and I can't properly be considered to be part of the physics community.

1. What is process physics?

Process physics is a field of study that focuses on the fundamental processes and interactions that govern the behavior of physical systems. It seeks to understand the underlying principles and laws that govern the behavior of matter and energy on a fundamental level.

2. How is process physics useful?

Process physics is useful in a variety of fields, including physics, chemistry, biology, and engineering. It provides a framework for understanding and predicting the behavior of physical systems, which is essential for developing new technologies and solving complex problems.

3. How mature is process physics as a field?

Process physics is a relatively new field of study, and its maturity can vary depending on the specific areas of research. Some aspects of process physics, such as quantum mechanics, have been extensively studied and are well-established, while others are still in the early stages of development.

4. What are some current areas of research in process physics?

Current research in process physics includes topics such as quantum mechanics, thermodynamics, statistical mechanics, and condensed matter physics. Other areas of interest include complexity and emergence, nonlinear dynamics, and information theory.

5. How can process physics contribute to our understanding of the universe?

Process physics seeks to uncover the underlying principles and laws that govern the behavior of matter and energy, which can lead to a deeper understanding of the universe. It can help us answer fundamental questions about the nature of reality, the origins of the universe, and the fundamental building blocks of matter.