Processor,memory and how to implement them

• Thread starter heman
  • Start date
In summary, a processor is a computing device that executes instructions and performs calculations, while memory refers to the storage space used to hold data and instructions for the processor. In order to implement a processor and memory, one must first choose a suitable processor and memory type based on their computing needs and budget. They must then properly connect and configure the processor and memory modules on the motherboard, and install an operating system and other software to utilize the hardware effectively. Regular maintenance and upgrades may also be necessary to optimize the performance of the processor and memory.
heman
Guys,is there some nice Forum where people discuss all these computer stuffs like processor,memory and how to implement them ,,and yeah most important assembly language..

Physics news on Phys.org
Assembly language - :yuck:

Astro,,they are cool sites..Thanx

http://talkroot.com
EDIT- ust checked this site again. looks sort of dead...

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's one of the biggest forums I have ever seen:

http://www.ocforums.com/

tom that's real cool forum,,with very high no of active members..thanx:smile:

i am yet to find one cool forum on Assembly language,,

1. What is a processor and how does it work?

A processor is a small electronic chip that acts as the brain of a computer. It receives instructions from software and executes them, performing calculations and controlling the flow of data. Processors work by fetching and decoding instructions, executing them, and then storing the results in memory.

2. What is memory and why is it important?

Memory, also known as RAM (Random Access Memory), is where a computer temporarily stores data and instructions that are actively being used. It allows the processor to quickly access and manipulate data, making it a crucial component for efficient computer performance.

3. How much memory do I need for my computer?

The amount of memory you need depends on your specific computing needs. For basic tasks like web browsing and word processing, 4GB to 8GB of memory is usually sufficient. For more demanding tasks like video editing or gaming, 16GB or more may be necessary. It's always best to check the minimum system requirements for the software you will be using to determine the amount of memory needed.

4. Can I upgrade my processor or memory?

Yes, it is possible to upgrade both the processor and memory in a computer. However, the ease of upgrading depends on the specific computer model. Some laptops and all-in-one PCs have soldered components, making it difficult or impossible to upgrade. For desktop computers, the processor and memory can usually be upgraded as long as they are compatible with the motherboard.

5. How do I implement a new processor or memory in my computer?

To implement a new processor or memory, you will need to first research and purchase compatible components. Then, you will need to physically install the new components into your computer, following the manufacturer's instructions. Once installed, you may also need to update drivers and configure settings in the computer's BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) to ensure proper functionality.