Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Productivity and Age

1. May 1, 2008 #1

Defennder

Homework Helper

I'm looking for some information regarding whether there is any evidence to support the widely held view that intellectual productivity peaks of an individual rises from their late teens, peaks in their 20s and starts to decline in their 30s. However, I'm not sure that search terms to use when Googling for info. Is there a general term for this belief? And is it supported in any way?

2. jcsd
  3. May 13, 2008 #2
    I performed a search for "productivity versus age," no quotes, on Google Scholar and came up with the attached report by Cesare Marchetti. In addition, I've attached an excerpt on creativity from the Encyclopedia of Aging (2002) that discusses the indicators of productivity and includes a helpful bibliography.

Hope these help! To find more sources, I recommend checking out your library's subscriptions to reference databases.

Attached Files:

4. May 13, 2008 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

From the first paper linked to
    I haven't read the second yet.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?