Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Professional Engineering Stamp

1. May 11, 2010 #1
    I am a mechanical engineering major that has been working in the fire protection industry and going to school in the evening for about two years. My ultimate goal when I decided to go back to college was to become a licensed professional engineer as fast as possible. But last summer the company I worked for shut down and I haven’t been able to find a job until now.

And here’s the problem, I’ve been performing great since I haven’t been working, taking a full course load, I took a position as a tutor for calculus and physics and I’m really comfortable and happy where I am. But now I have an opportunity to go back to work and slow down my progress in school. The only reason I would consider this is it might lead to me being able to test and get my P.E. stamp earlier than if I were to graduate and then begin working. Is it worth it to work and go to school and possibly sacrifice some grades to obtain a P.E. stamp earlier in my career?

2. jcsd
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted