1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Professional Engineering Stamp

1. May 11, 2010 #1
    I am a mechanical engineering major that has been working in the fire protection industry and going to school in the evening for about two years. My ultimate goal when I decided to go back to college was to become a licensed professional engineer as fast as possible. But last summer the company I worked for shut down and I haven’t been able to find a job until now.

And here’s the problem, I’ve been performing great since I haven’t been working, taking a full course load, I took a position as a tutor for calculus and physics and I’m really comfortable and happy where I am. But now I have an opportunity to go back to work and slow down my progress in school. The only reason I would consider this is it might lead to me being able to test and get my P.E. stamp earlier than if I were to graduate and then begin working. Is it worth it to work and go to school and possibly sacrifice some grades to obtain a P.E. stamp earlier in my career?

2. jcsd
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted