1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Professor Susskind lectures on statistical mechanics, which is the right book for it?

1. Sep 17, 2012 #1
    Hallo Everybody,

I am following Professor Susskinds lectures on statistical mechanics, but can't find an appropriate book that is in line with what is presented in the lectures.
    Can anyone recommend a book that the lectures follow or which presents the same ideas as in the lectures?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 19, 2012 #2
    Re: Professor Susskind lectures on statistical mechanics, which is the right book for

Once you get past the first couple lectures, his lectures become more standard. Any book, such as Pathria for example, would be good as a supplement. If you want something more mathematical, you could try Peliti's statistical mechanics in a nutshell.

4. Sep 20, 2012 #3
    Re: Professor Susskind lectures on statistical mechanics, which is the right book for

Thanks for your reply! I am working with Pathria indeed!! So I am happy I made the right choice!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook