Profile hover card not loading

• Thread starter dlgoff
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation involved a member experiencing issues with the "Hover" feature not working on their computer and others chiming in to confirm that it was working for them. It was mentioned that PF was down for a short period of time, which may have been the cause of the issue. The conversation also touched on the fact that the "Hover" feature only works for signed-in users and that the issue could have been caused by not being signed in. It was also mentioned that the user's Chrome browser remembers their PF login information. One of the members apologized for causing a slowdown on the site earlier.
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
When I hover on a member online, I'm not getting anything. Is it my PC or is PF really slow in showing what that member is viewing?

Physics news on Phys.org
PF was down for me for the last 10 minutes or so, but seems to be back up. The Hover thing works for me currently (Firefox on Win10) -- What O.S. and Browser are you using?

Likes dlgoff
Works for me, although I recognized some long response times a couple of minutes ago.

Likes dlgoff
berkeman said:
PF was down for me for the last 10 minutes or so, but seems to be back up. The Hover thing works for me currently (Firefox on Win10) -- What O.S. and Browser are you using?
chrome on windows 7

It seems to be working for me now. Thanks

dlgoff said:
It seems to be working for me now. Thanks
Great! Yeah, it might have been related to the slowdown of PF for the last few minutes. Also, I noticed while testing the Hover that it only works if you're signed in, so if you happened to get to a page somehow where you weren't signed in, that could have caused it too.

Likes dlgoff
berkeman said:
Great! Yeah, it might have been related to the slowdown of PF for the last few minutes. Also, I noticed while testing the Hover that it only works if you're signed in, so if you happened to get to a page somehow where you weren't signed in, that could have caused it too.
My Chrome remembers my PF log-in.

yeah I crushed the DB about an hour ago. Should be back to normal now. sorry!

Likes dlgoff
Greg Bernhardt said:
yeah I crushed the DB about an hour ago. Should be back to normal now. sorry!
Thanks for letting me know Greg. No problem.

1. Why is my profile hover card not loading?

There could be a few reasons why your profile hover card is not loading. It could be due to a slow internet connection, a temporary glitch in the website, or an issue with your browser. Try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache to see if that resolves the issue.

2. How do I fix my profile hover card not loading?

If refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache does not work, try accessing the website on a different browser or device. If the issue persists, it could be a problem with the website itself. In this case, you can reach out to the website's customer support for assistance.

3. Is there a way to troubleshoot my profile hover card not loading?

Yes, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot your profile hover card not loading. First, try accessing the website on a different browser or device. If that doesn't work, try clearing your browser's cache or disabling any ad blockers or extensions that may be interfering with the website's functionality.

4. Can a slow internet connection affect my profile hover card from loading?

Yes, a slow internet connection can definitely affect the loading of your profile hover card. This is because the hover card requires a certain amount of data to be transferred in order to load properly. If your internet connection is slow, it may take longer for the hover card to load or it may not load at all.

5. Is there a way to prevent my profile hover card from not loading in the future?

To prevent your profile hover card from not loading in the future, make sure you have a stable internet connection and that your browser is up to date. You can also try disabling any ad blockers or extensions that may be causing issues with the website's functionality. If the problem persists, you may need to reach out to the website's customer support for further assistance.