Why isn't my profile picture showing up in forum posts?

• Thread starter AStaunton
  • Start date
AStaunton
Hi there

I just added a profile picture to my account, yet it doesn't accompany the posts that I leave in the forum...for example this post is not accompanied by my profile pic...why is this?

Physics news on Phys.org
You need to be a gold member to have an avatar.

Or be a member of the staff (that is, be a science advisor, homework helper, mentor or administrator). I believe they get to have avatars too...

micromass said:
Or be a member of the staff (that is, be a science advisor, homework helper, mentor or administrator). I believe they get to have avatars too...

True, but the chances of most getting there are slim, I chose the easy route...

even though your message was in text form you still somehow managed to convey a sense of smug condescension "you need to be a Gold member to have an avatar" he says, with his own cat avatar looking down on me with an expression of derision...
Only joking, thanks for the info!

AStaunton said:
with his own cat avatar looking down on me with an expression of derision...

And licking its chops, too!

jtbell said:
And licking its chops, too!

Cheeky bugger had just polished off my vanilla ice cream cone. Sat looking smug all night.

if I gain the recognition of "PF contributor" does that allow the use of an avatar on my posts?
if so, what criterion must be met to become PF contributor?

if so, what criterion must be met to become PF contributor?

To be a contributor, you can either donate money via the Upgrade link at the top or you can do the proliferation thing here: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=338366, which requires you post a flyer advertising PF at your university/college campus.

Last edited:
sorry for asking a similar question - I wasn't sure if being a PF Contributor was the same as or encompassed by being a Gold Member.

What is a profile picture query?

A profile picture query is a request for a specific image or photo that is used to represent a person or entity on a social media platform or website.

Why is a profile picture query important?

A profile picture query is important because it allows users to personalize their online presence and helps others identify and connect with them more easily.

How do you perform a profile picture query?

To perform a profile picture query, you can use the search function on social media platforms or use a search engine such as Google. You can also directly request the image from the person or entity.

What are some tips for finding the best profile picture?

Some tips for finding the best profile picture include choosing an image that accurately represents yourself or your brand, using a high-quality photo, and selecting a visually appealing and memorable image.

Can you use someone else's profile picture without their permission?

No, you should always obtain permission before using someone else's profile picture. Using someone else's photo without their consent could be a violation of their privacy and could potentially lead to legal issues.