1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Program for writing equations / expressions

1. Feb 28, 2004 #1
    just like there is a coding to write proper equations in this forum does anyone know a computer program that can do the same so that i can implement it into word documents?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 28, 2004 #2
    Word has equation editor 3.0. You might have to put your M$ office cd in and install eq rditor as a plugin. You can get mathtype for windows also (very similar to eq editor 3.0) for $49. Also, if you are really rambunctuous you can download miketex (LaTex for windows) and make gif images (or PDF's of an entire document). Then again, you can go to http://www.mathmlcentral.com/ and type your equation in as mathml and convert said expression to a gif.

4. Feb 28, 2004 #3

NateTG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You could just switch to Tex or Latex. Miketex (google for the URL) might be a good place to start.

5. Feb 28, 2004 #4
    thanx very much guys. i will use the one that is in word. i have been using word for about 6 years now and i didn't know that there was such a thing for it. before i just typed and used underline and tabs. But this time my work will look professional.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?