Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Program for writing equations / expressions

1. Feb 28, 2004 #1
    just like there is a coding to write proper equations in this forum does anyone know a computer program that can do the same so that i can implement it into word documents?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 28, 2004 #2
    Word has equation editor 3.0. You might have to put your M$ office cd in and install eq rditor as a plugin. You can get mathtype for windows also (very similar to eq editor 3.0) for $49. Also, if you are really rambunctuous you can download miketex (LaTex for windows) and make gif images (or PDF's of an entire document). Then again, you can go to http://www.mathmlcentral.com/ and type your equation in as mathml and convert said expression to a gif.

4. Feb 28, 2004 #3

NateTG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You could just switch to Tex or Latex. Miketex (google for the URL) might be a good place to start.

5. Feb 28, 2004 #4
    thanx very much guys. i will use the one that is in word. i have been using word for about 6 years now and i didn't know that there was such a thing for it. before i just typed and used underline and tabs. But this time my work will look professional.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook