Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Programming a 555 timer

1. Mar 4, 2005 #1

I need to programme a 555 timer pulse with intervals of 4 secs. I've already tried connecting a monostable circuit I found on the net with values of a 36K resistor and 100uF capacitor but whats happening is it's going on for 4 seconds then off for the rest!

Here's the circuit that I tried working - anybody got anything better??????? please :shy:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 4, 2005 #2

Science Advisor

You're looking for multiple pulses like a clock? If so, look further up the page at the astable circuit. A monostable is just that - mono for 1 pulse! :smile:
  4. Mar 4, 2005 #3
    :blushing: :uhh:

Hmm...I always thought I was dumb...now u've just proved it! Thanks dude - will get back to you later and I'll tell you if it works!!
  5. Mar 4, 2005 #4
    Hey, If you go onto
    "www.crocadile-clips.com" there's pretty good demo's on programming a 555 timer programme in monostable operation. But you have to download the free trial.
  6. Mar 4, 2005 #5
    I'm pretty sure there is enough talent on this board to tell you everything you want to know about the 555. Just ask.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?