Efficient VB.NET Table Archiving: Move Records Between Tables Monthly

In summary, the conversation discusses the process of moving records from one table to another in an Access database. The speaker is looking for help with archiving records and is advised to use an Append Query through the GUI. They are also reminded that the query can be saved and re-run whenever necessary.
Keyur
I have a table in access, it is linked to vb.net by jet oledb provider. I want to move all the records of this table to a new table which may already contain records. I have to move all the records of table 1 to table 2 at the 1st of every month. Table 2 may contain records, these should not be deleted.

Can anyone help with archiving of these records. Any help will be appreciated.

Technology news on Phys.org
To another table within the same access database?

DavidSnider said:
To another table within the same access database?

Yes, the same access database.

The GUI can help you with this. You need what's called an Append Query. If you write this successfully, you can save it and re-run it anytime you want to.

harborsparrow said:
The GUI can help you with this. You need what's called an Append Query. If you write this successfully, you can save it and re-run it anytime you want to.

Done with it.

THANK YOU ALL.

1. What is VB.NET and why is it important?

VB.NET is a programming language used to develop software applications for the Windows operating system. It is important because it allows developers to create powerful, user-friendly applications with a relatively easy-to-learn syntax.

2. How do I get started with programming in VB.NET?

To get started, you will need to download and install the .NET Framework and a development environment such as Visual Studio. There are also many online tutorials and resources available to help you learn the basics of VB.NET.

3. What are the key concepts of VB.NET programming?

Some key concepts of VB.NET programming include understanding data types, control structures, classes and objects, and exception handling. It is also important to understand the .NET Framework and its various components.

4. How can I improve my VB.NET programming skills?

One way to improve your VB.NET skills is to practice regularly and work on different projects. Additionally, you can attend workshops, read books and online resources, and participate in online communities and forums to learn from other developers.

5. What are some common challenges in programming with VB.NET?

Some common challenges in programming with VB.NET include understanding complex concepts such as inheritance and polymorphism, debugging and troubleshooting errors, and keeping up with updates and changes in the language and .NET Framework.