Learn Programming: Linux, PowerShell & Python

In summary, the best way to learn programming is to start with the basics, choose a programming language that interests you, and consistently practice. Learning Linux, PowerShell, and Python is important for versatility and marketability in the tech industry. The time it takes to learn programming varies, but with dedication and consistent effort, it is possible to become proficient in a language within a year. A computer science degree is not necessary to learn programming, as there are many resources available for independent learning. To improve programming skills, it is important to work on projects, participate in online communities, and continuously learn and challenge oneself.
Emmo Amaranth
TL;DR Summary
Beginner seeks to learn Linux Terminal, Microsoft PowerShell, and Python 3
Hey folks, thought I'd ask the experts for some help here. I know that there are LOTS of online resources to learn Linux Terminal, Microsoft PowerShell, and Python, but I was hoping some of you had some favorites that might make the learning process more efficient (in your opinion, of course). Programming is a weak point but something I suspect I'll be using extensively later in my career. Any help you can give would be much appreciated!

Computer science news on Phys.org
@jedishrfu might have a nice resource for Python

Likes Emmo Amaranth

1. What is the best way to learn programming?

The best way to learn programming is to start with a specific language and practice consistently. In the "Learn Programming: Linux, PowerShell & Python" course, you will learn three popular languages used in different settings, which will give you a well-rounded understanding of programming concepts.

2. What is Linux and why is it important for programming?

Linux is an open-source operating system that is widely used in programming due to its flexibility and customization options. It is also known for its stability and security, making it a popular choice for software development.

3. What is PowerShell and how is it different from other programming languages?

PowerShell is a task automation and configuration management framework developed by Microsoft. It differs from other programming languages in that it is primarily used for scripting and managing Windows systems.

4. Why is Python a popular language for beginners?

Python is a high-level, interpreted language that is known for its simple and readable syntax. It also has a large community and a vast library of resources, making it easy for beginners to learn and get support.

5. How will this course help me in my career as a programmer?

This course will give you a strong foundation in three essential programming languages, which will make you a versatile and valuable asset in the job market. You will also learn valuable skills such as problem-solving, critical thinking, and logical reasoning, which are highly sought after in the tech industry.