What are some recommended physics programs for TI calculators?

In summary, the conversation was about finding good physics programs for TI calculators, specifically the models TI-83, TI-84, and TI-89. The speaker suggested visiting the official TI website and other similar sites for program archives, with specific sections for science programs. They also mentioned that many programs are designed for multiple TI calculator models. Another participant suggested checking out ticalc.org for more options.
iamhumble
Hi --

Does anyone know of any good physics programs written for the TI calculator such as models ti-83, ti-84 or even the ti-89?

Just curious ...

Physics news on Phys.org
Science Programs for the TIs

I have a TI-85. The official websites has many programs and there are similar sites for the TI-83. Go to the program archive section and select "science". Under science there are sections for physics chemistry and even biology.

TI-83
http://education.ti.com/us/product/tech/83/down/download.html [Broken]
ftp://ftp.ti.com/pub/graph-ti/calc-apps/83/[/URL]

TI-85
[PLAIN]http://education.ti.com/us/product/tech/85/down/download.html [Broken]
ftp://ftp.ti.com/pub/graph-ti/calc-apps/85/[/URL]

Peace

Amil

Last edited by a moderator:
Wat about the TI-83 PLUS, do you know any physics programs for that

No I don't sorry, but they probably have sections for that calc on the website as well. Also, many programs are desingned for more than one calc.

AMil

Thanks everyone. I also found www.ticalc.org which looks promising.

1. What is a TI calculator and what does it do?

A TI calculator is a brand of scientific calculators manufactured by Texas Instruments. These calculators are used for complex mathematical and scientific calculations, graphing functions, and data analysis.

2. What programs can be run on a TI calculator?

TI calculators can run various programs, including basic math calculations, scientific functions, statistical analysis, and programming languages like TI-BASIC and Assembly. There are also many third-party programs and applications available for use on TI calculators.

3. How do I transfer programs onto my TI calculator?

Programs can be transferred onto a TI calculator using a USB cable, a computer software such as TI Connect, or by manually typing in the code on the calculator itself. Some newer TI calculators also have the ability to download programs directly from the internet.

4. Are there any limitations to the programs that can be run on a TI calculator?

There are some limitations to the programs that can be run on a TI calculator, such as memory and processing power. Some programs may also not be compatible with certain models of TI calculators. It is important to check the specifications of the calculator and program before attempting to run it.

5. Can I create my own programs on a TI calculator?

Yes, many TI calculators have programming capabilities that allow users to create their own programs. This can be done using a programming language like TI-BASIC or Assembly. There are also online resources and forums available for users to share and learn from others who have created programs for TI calculators.