1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Progress in Biotechnology

1. Apr 15, 2005 #1
    Hello everybody,

I know you've had enough of these kinds of threads, but here you go.. :smile:

I'm a senior high school with MUCH interest in Physics. But with the progress in Biotechnology today, it took my attention too. I basically know nearly zip about both careers, and whether they can go hand in hand together? so that I can study them both or what. Also the job oppotrunities in both and so on.
    Any help would be deeply appreciated and would definately be a relief :wink:

Thanks in advance

S.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 15, 2005 #2
    Sure, very much : nanotechnology. Check out 'my website' or google for nanotechnology or check out my journal for more info.

Both physics (solid state, QM, electromagnetism) and biotechnology (physical, organic and anorganic-chemistry, ah and also biochemistry) are extensively used in this broad field of study

marlon

4. Apr 15, 2005 #3
    Marlon,

you just made my day, or career :smile:
    QM has been my main interest. I'll sure check out everything you've mentioned.

Thanks very much indeed. :smile:

S.

5. Apr 15, 2005 #4

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You could also go into biophysics, studying the physics of biological systems. Go to www.amolf.nl and look under research for Life inspired physics Experiments or Life inspired physics Theory.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?