Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Project Colorblind

1. Sep 16, 2015 #1
    Hi!

I'm in highschool currently and I want to start a project in my school community to stop prejudice and racial profiling.
    While I know that it's in humans nature; I hope some of my fellow students will take something from this.

I had a thought of what I could do.
    Colorblind glasses.
    Now, this is not to get confused with people who are medically colorblind--and this is in no mean a mock. That's just the name of my project.

Basically-- to be colorblind and see the world without race.

Going back to the glasses; is there any way where I can somehow put together a pair of glasses where if you look through it and you see a black and white person standing side to side--you only see one skin pigment. (Pigment being black or white). So there is no race.

And if this is not possible at all; is there anything that I can do for this personal project?

Also, as a side note.. I'm not getting a grade for this.. I'm not trying to get a good reputation or anything. This is simply for a good cause in my community and if this project turns successful; it's something that can be done universally to stop racial profiling.

Leave any comments; suggestions or questions below. I appreciate all replies!
    Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 17, 2015 #2
    Honestly, I think race diversity is a wonderful thing that should not be covered up, but celebrated.

4. Sep 25, 2015 #3

JBA

Your eyeglass project is not really technically feasible; but, your goal is a noble and admirable one.

As an alternative, you might consider establishing a Colorblind "totally dark" Meeting room for weekly sessions that provide an opportunity for people to gather, visit and exchange ideas without the barrier of visual race identification.

5. Sep 26, 2015 #4
    Infrared goggles with filters to make the image B/W might work.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook