Project Idea involving Thermodynamics, Robotics and AI?

In summary: If you want to try and do something like that, you'll need to study the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics first.
SeeSharp
Hello,

Just like the title suggests, I am looking for DIY project ideas, that involves Thermodynamics, Robotics, and Artificial Intelligent.

I would like to use C++ and Simulink.
And I am able to purchase components, e.g. Raspberry Pi and electrical components.

If you have any ideas for a project, please let me know.

Physics news on Phys.org
Build a life-size Maxwell's Demon? :smile:

Likes Tom.G
berkeman said:
Build a life-size Maxwell's Demon? :smile:

Sounds really interesting. Please elaborate if you have any further details. I would keep it at less than life-sized though. :D

Well, there are probably better ideas, but it's the first thing that came to mind given the mix of subjects you want to include.

What do you know about Maxwell's Demon so far? Do you know what the purpose of it was supposed to be? Do you know if it has ever been successful?

You could build a machine to try to carry out the Maxwell's Demon function (how best to do that would be up to your creativity), and use AI learning to try to optimize its actions. Then show what the maximum efficiency seems to be after optimization...

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=i...mg...0..35i39j0j0i10j0i10i24j0i24.E_42IATmSxo

So the second law of thermodynamics states that, that the entropy of a substance that is isolated, always increases.

And by having an isolated system separated by a "trap door", turning it into two systems, and opening and closing the trap door at given circumstances could reduce entropy?

Sorry for my slow reply. How far have you gotten on your project so far?

It's been long enough since I studied the 2nd Law that I'll leave comments about it to others, but as for the project, I was meaning something like this:

https://demonstrations.wolfram.com/MaxwellsDemon/

1. What is the main objective of the project?

The main objective of this project is to develop a robotic system that utilizes principles of thermodynamics and artificial intelligence to perform complex tasks with efficiency and accuracy.

2. How will thermodynamics be incorporated into the project?

Thermodynamics will be used to design the heat management system of the robot, ensuring that it can operate within safe temperature ranges and maximize energy efficiency.

3. What role will robotics play in the project?

Robotics will be the main focus of the project, as it involves the design, construction, and programming of a physical robot that can interact with its environment and perform tasks autonomously.

4. How will artificial intelligence be integrated into the project?

Artificial intelligence will be used to develop algorithms and decision-making processes for the robot, allowing it to adapt to changing conditions and make intelligent decisions based on its surroundings.

5. What potential applications can this project have?

This project has the potential to be applied in various fields, such as manufacturing, healthcare, and space exploration, where a combination of thermodynamics, robotics, and AI can improve efficiency and productivity.