Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Project Ideas

1. Dec 1, 2004 #1
    I have an Independent Study to do in math and I'm wondering if anyone has any project ideas? Something that I can learn on my own that uses moderately difficult mathematics (from a grade 11 perspective) and can be turned into a PowerPoint presentation.

~Thanks.

I thought about doing something with Matrices and Alegbra to do an example of how secret messages can be made using mathematics. That seems a bit easy to do though.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 2, 2004 #2
    How about something relating to sequences? There is a famous sequence: 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34...... There is a lot of implications for this sequence (eg, the golden ratio, examples in animals, plants, and natural environment...) There is a lot of information of this sequence, and you can still find a lot about this sequence by your own. Also, this topic is suitable for a PowerPoing presentation. But, there is no "moderately difficult mathematics" involved, and it is relatively easy...So...hope it helps...

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook