Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Project Social Exodus

1. Mar 21, 2004 #1
    Hey, all you hippie lovers! ^_^ hehehe...
    I've been working with some people on a project that you might be interested in. The idea is to achieve complete freedom, independence, and as much sustainability as possible.
    After some debate, we've decided to purchase a ship and create as much of an efficient system as possible - small scale organic agriculture, passive solar, windmills, biodiesel processor (and all the useful biproducts thereof), and sail wherever we feel like going (well, motor...we've come to the conclusion that a sailing vessel would be too complicated, cramped, and expensive).

I've talked to a man who owns some land in the Bahamas and we might be able to get a co-op system going, as well as people I know up here in Massachusetts from who we could get some help.
    The project group so far is fair sized, but without enough enthusiastic people. 27 joined, most of them apparently just on a momentary impulse, leaving 5-7 or fewer active participants.
    I was wondering, perhaps too hopefully, if any of you might be interested in this. It's sure to be a lot of fun at the very least.

This isn't the first group I've posted this in, as evident from the Hippie comment on top. It's the third, I'm looking for any interest. Sorry about that, but I think it's nice and I don't want to change it, hehehe...^_^

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 22, 2004 #2
    i mite be.

what is a greybeaver?

pax,

4. Mar 25, 2004 #3
    Sorry it took so long to reply.
    Hey, look, anybody who's interested why don't you just email me.
    As you can see, I don't come here that much. I don't even know if my email is in my profile, it's the1_amerilaus /at/yahoo

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?