Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Projectile motin help ISU

1. Dec 11, 2007 #1
    i need to design a spring launcher that can shoot a spring given various stretch lengths and angles
    here is a somewhat close example

http://www.efreaks.org/pics/2004-03-09_Physics/pages/000_0031.htm" [Broken]

i dont quite understand how to join the 2 wooden pieces together that would give me the flexiblity of changing the angle upon my leisure.( from 0-90 degrees)..the above example uses hinges but that doesnt seem stable enough..cause they might move with some force...it needs to be stable

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 11, 2007 #2
    Hello,

You could use something like a threaded rod, that you turn, and it rotates the platform. Like a C-clamp, except without the C.

Amateur astronomers sometimes use the same idea for cheap camera mounts to track the stars-- they call them barndoor trackers, and its the same idea-- although you would need a bigger range.

Just a thought. You could also use curved metal brackets that the platform locks into with wingnuts or some such contraption.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook