1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Projectile motin help ISU

1. Dec 11, 2007 #1
    i need to design a spring launcher that can shoot a spring given various stretch lengths and angles
    here is a somewhat close example

i dont quite understand how to join the 2 wooden pieces together that would give me the flexiblity of changing the angle upon my leisure.( from 0-90 degrees)..the above example uses hinges but that doesnt seem stable enough..cause they might move with some force...it needs to be stable
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 11, 2007 #2

You could use something like a threaded rod, that you turn, and it rotates the platform. Like a C-clamp, except without the C.

Amateur astronomers sometimes use the same idea for cheap camera mounts to track the stars-- they call them barndoor trackers, and its the same idea-- although you would need a bigger range.

Just a thought. You could also use curved metal brackets that the platform locks into with wingnuts or some such contraption.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?