Projectile motion cannon shot

Homework Statement

Warren weights 70 kg and is shot out of a cannon at 25 degrees above the horizontal. the cannon barrel tip is 1.34m above the ground and the cannon has a mass of 203kg.
What is Warren's initial launch velocity?

Homework Equations

I don't even know

The Attempt at a Solution

I think that this problem is missing some info, or i'm really bad at physics

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

ProfuselyQuarky
Gold Member
Doesn't your textbook give you a list of equations for whatever you're learning?

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Doesn't your textbook give you a list of equations for whatever you're learning?
We don't go by the textbook, she teaches us with labs and stuff, there are several equations but none of them fit

We don't go by the textbook, she teaches us with labs and stuff, there are several equations but none of them fit
Also this is review for my final and we learned it a while back, i'm taking a practice test and need to get this question right

ProfuselyQuarky
Gold Member
Post the equations that you do know.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Post the equations that you do know.
d = vi•t + 0.5*a*t2
vf = vi + a•t
vf2 = vi2 + 2*a•d
that's about it, i can't find a lot of formulas pertaining to initial launch velocity

Last edited by a moderator:
SteamKing
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper

Homework Statement

Warren weights 70 kg and is shot out of a cannon at 25 degrees above the horizontal. the cannon barrel tip is 1.34m above the ground and the cannon has a mass of 203kg.
What is Warren's initial launch velocity?[/B]

Homework Equations

I don't even know[/B]

The Attempt at a Solution

I think that this problem is missing some info, or i'm really bad at physics[/B]
What happens to Warren after he leaves the cannon? Without knowing that, you can't determine what Warren's initial launch velocity was.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
ProfuselyQuarky
Gold Member
What numbers in your problem matches the variables in those equations?

What is Warren's initial launch velocity?
If that is the complete problem statement, the problem does not make sense.
Is there something else given? Maybe in a second part, or in a sketch of the problem?

Guys, I went to my professor and she said that it was missing the range, sorry for sounding really confusing.

Likes mfb
And thanks for trying to help me, i did get an A+ on the homework, which is the best possible outcome