1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Projectile motion coin flick question

1. May 16, 2015 #1
    Question: if i take two coins, one heavier than the other and flick them from a table with the exact same horizontal velocity will they both land at the same time? if so why does this happen?

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. May 16, 2015 #2
    this post will get deleted since you have not used the template and you have not posted your attempt.

4. May 16, 2015 #3
    apologies. i'm just looking for a way to answer the question . is there a different place i can ask the question? new to here so i just posted

5. May 16, 2015 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Yeah, please don't delete the Homework Help Template that you are provided when you post schoolwork questions here. The template is meant to help you organize your thoughts, and show us what you have done on the problem.

So, what are the Relevant Equations in this problem? Something about force and mass and acceleration, I would think. And are you wanting to neglect air resistance, or include it? What difference would that make? What are the basic equations for projectile motion with a constant gravitational acceleration downward? :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted