1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Projectile Motion experiment

1. Nov 9, 2015 #1
    [mod note: post moved into homework forum, so template is absent]

G'day,

I have an open ended investigation to do for school, and was wanting to do an experiment involving the motion of water from a hose, as this would give me a good parabolic curve to view. I wish to examine two independant variables. First one is angle of launch - pretty easy. I'm having trouble with a second one through.

I was wondering whether i could change the pressure of the actual tap/ hose, and whether or not this has any correlation to initial velocity, as in can I work out the initial velocity if I measure the pressure of the tap using a pressure gauge, for example.

Any help on the topic would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 9, 2015 #2

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

Hi Bucko. :welcome:

Sure, the more water that passes through the hose per second, the faster its velocity. So the problem becomes: how to calculate or measure that exit velocity.

Any ideas?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted