1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Projectile Motion Help!

1. Oct 5, 2005 #1
    Hi im doing Projectile Motion questions can you please help me, The Activity is on this website here

The question are these

Set velocity to 40 m/s and angel to 20° and gravity to -9.8 and uncheck the drag box check mark.

1) What is the horizontal distance the cannon travels ----> I get 170 meters is that correct

2) Calculate the vertical velocity (V y-axis) of the ball. show the trig steps
    -----> I get 13.7 meters is that correct

3) Calculate the howizontal velocity (V x-axis) of the ball. show the trig steps
    -----> I get 37.6 meters is that correct

4) Determine the amount of time the ball is in the air
    -----> I get 20.7 seconds and I koe its wrong can you please help me

5) If the cannon is 1 m long, and the cannon ball has a mass of 15 kg, what is the force of the gunpowder on the cannon ball

-----> ok? how do i DO this please help and check my answers if they are right

Last edited: Oct 5, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 5, 2005 #2

hotvette

Homework Helper

Do you have any equations of motion you are suppose to use? What have you tried?

4. Oct 6, 2005 #3
    like sin, or cos for determing the vix and viy and w/e

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?