1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Projectile motion solving

1. Sep 26, 2014 #1
    Hi, I am having problems solving the last problem(see attached files), i have derived these equations which i thought should would help me solve the problem but i seem to be stuck.

U=(H3-H4)/(d4-D4)

Height at t

h and H3 are the same so i set H(initial)=0

-0,5gt^2+vsin(θ)t=-u*3*cos(θ)vt

Slope at t

-gt+vsin(θ)=uvcos(θ)

All help is appriciated

Anders.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 26, 2014 #2

haruspex

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

How do you get that equation? Why does it matter what the speed is after clicking (other than that it has enough impetus to break the window)?

4. Sep 26, 2014 #3

Ray Vickson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Please do not post thumbnails; I could not read your solution on some media!

On the computer I am using now it is readable, but it is so simple you should have just typed it our directly. Read the 'pinned' thread 'Giudelines for students and helpers" by Vela, which discusses why thumbnails should be avoided if possible. (They are OK for things like diagrams from books and papers, etc., but should not be used for things like problem statements and/or written solutions.)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted