Projectile motion with drag

In summary, the conversation is about a YouTube video demonstrating projectile motion with drag. The person asks for help finding a downloadable link mentioned at 5:23 in the video. The other person suggests checking the description under the video, which contains a link to an excel spreadsheet on the creator's website.
Physics news on Phys.org
106267 said:
I was just wondering if anyone can help me find the downloadable link he mentions at 5:23
Are you not able to transcribe sufficient details that we are not forced to watch a youtube video in order to assist?

I have. At 5:23 he mentions that there is a downloadable link next the video for an excel spreadsheet. However, i am unable to find it. He also says that 5:23 that it is one his website which i am also unable to acquire.

The description under the video seems to have the link you want:

RockyRoer (at youtube) said:
Link to excel file mentioned in video: http://bit.ly/M8uLLv [Broken]

(You have to click where it says "Show more" in order to see the link.)

Last edited by a moderator:

I can say that this video provides a clear and accurate demonstration of the effects of drag on projectile motion. The use of a simulation software to model different scenarios is a great way to visually understand the concept.

Regarding the downloadable link mentioned at 5:23, I would suggest reaching out to the creator of the video or doing further research on the specific software used in the simulation. It is important to note that different software may have different features and capabilities, so it is best to confirm the source of the downloadable link before using it for your own experiments or studies. Additionally, it is always recommended to properly cite any resources used in scientific research.

1. What is projectile motion with drag?

Projectile motion with drag is a type of motion in which a body is thrown or projected into the air and moves under the influence of both gravity and air resistance. It is also known as ballistic motion with air resistance.

2. How does air resistance affect projectile motion?

Air resistance, also known as drag, acts in the opposite direction to the motion of the object and reduces its speed and range. As the object moves through the air, it experiences a force that is proportional to its velocity squared, causing it to slow down.

3. What factors affect the amount of drag experienced by a projectile?

The amount of drag experienced by a projectile is affected by its velocity, density of the air, cross-sectional area, and shape of the object. Higher velocities, denser air, larger cross-sectional areas, and more streamlined shapes result in greater drag.

4. How does drag affect the trajectory of a projectile?

Drag affects the trajectory of a projectile by causing it to deviate from its ideal parabolic path. As the projectile experiences a force in the opposite direction of its motion, it will follow a curved path with a shorter range and a steeper descent compared to a projectile without drag.

5. How can the effects of drag be minimized in projectile motion?

The effects of drag can be minimized in projectile motion by using a more streamlined shape, reducing the cross-sectional area, and increasing the velocity of the projectile. These measures will decrease the amount of drag and allow the projectile to travel further and with a flatter trajectory.