1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Projectile motion

1. Oct 2, 2006 #1
    some guy on a moterbike rides up a ramp to clear a gap of 40m, where the flat landing is, situated 15m below the horizontal line of the tip of the ramp. The ramp is at an angle of 53degrees above the horizontal. what velocity must the rider lift off the ramp with?

I serioulsy have no ideas on where to start with this, ive tried several different scribbles and got nowhere. Some help would be appreciated! thanks
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 2, 2006 #2
    Start by drawing a picture and then write down what you know (given from problem) and then write down what you need to know. Hopefully this will get you started in the right direction.
  4. Oct 2, 2006 #3
    I have a picture, and i know the info. but it seems to me like there isnt enough info, i cant work with it.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?