1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Projectile motion

1. Sep 15, 2007 #1

in a projectile motion, what law could be applicable to this sitaution?
    if u want an example, umm let's say..
    ur measuring porjectile motion for 45 degrees.,,
    hat law or theory could be applicable to this?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 15, 2007 #2

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

The usual suspects: Newton's 2nd law and gravity.

All projectile motion is essentially the same: The vertical motion is accelerated downward; the horizontal motion is constant speed.

4. Sep 16, 2007 #3
    isnt it that to solve somehting like this needs a problem (according to the scientific method) and to make the problem, we have to base it on the objectives?
    then what would be the objectives on this problem?
    >to measure how far the 45 degree angle would be?
    thanks

5. Sep 16, 2007 #4

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

The laws regarding projectile motion are well known. Of course, to solve any problem you first need to know what the problem is. Do you have a specific problem in mind?

6. Sep 16, 2007 #5
    As Doc Al asked you need a specific problem. If your talking about projectile motion a few things come to mind. The angle(can be 45 degrees), acceleration, velocity, position...

7. Sep 16, 2007 #6
    umm.. i was planning to measure the projectile motion ith differnet angles..
    so my problem would be um..
    which angle will launch the farthest distance
    is that enough?

8. Sep 17, 2007 #7
    What angle will maximize a projectiles horizontal distance? I think that would be a bit more exact.

9. Sep 18, 2007 #8
    thank you so much all!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?