Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Projectile motion

1. Sep 15, 2007 #1

in a projectile motion, what law could be applicable to this sitaution?
    if u want an example, umm let's say..
    ur measuring porjectile motion for 45 degrees.,,
    hat law or theory could be applicable to this?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 15, 2007 #2

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

The usual suspects: Newton's 2nd law and gravity.

All projectile motion is essentially the same: The vertical motion is accelerated downward; the horizontal motion is constant speed.

4. Sep 16, 2007 #3
    isnt it that to solve somehting like this needs a problem (according to the scientific method) and to make the problem, we have to base it on the objectives?
    then what would be the objectives on this problem?
    >to measure how far the 45 degree angle would be?
    thanks

5. Sep 16, 2007 #4

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

The laws regarding projectile motion are well known. Of course, to solve any problem you first need to know what the problem is. Do you have a specific problem in mind?

6. Sep 16, 2007 #5
    As Doc Al asked you need a specific problem. If your talking about projectile motion a few things come to mind. The angle(can be 45 degrees), acceleration, velocity, position...

7. Sep 16, 2007 #6
    umm.. i was planning to measure the projectile motion ith differnet angles..
    so my problem would be um..
    which angle will launch the farthest distance
    is that enough?

8. Sep 17, 2007 #7
    What angle will maximize a projectiles horizontal distance? I think that would be a bit more exact.

9. Sep 18, 2007 #8
    thank you so much all!

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook