1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Projectile motion

1. Mar 2, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    how can you find the initial velocity if the angle, horizontal distance and the vertical distance is given?

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

every equation i use gives me a different answer so i have no clue which one is correct
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 2, 2008 #2

hage567

Homework Helper

You will usually need to use more than one equation. Based on the situation some will be more useful than others. It would be best if you posted a specific question because we have no idea what concepts you may not be applying properly to your problem.

4. Mar 2, 2008 #3
    a ball player hits a home run and the baseball just clears a wall 21 m high located 130m from home plate. The ball is hit at an angle of 35 degrees to the horizontal and air resistance is negligible. Assume the ball is hit at a height of 1 m above the ground. What is the initial speed, time and the components of velocity of the ball?

- to find the initial velocity i used the range equation to solve for Vi since i have the range which is 130m. but the answer i got is wrong.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?