Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Projectile Motion

1. Jan 30, 2015 #1
    Hi, I have this question where a rocket is launched up into the air and I'm given the verticle (14ft) and horizontal (18ft) height and it's asking for the velocity and I have no idea where to start. If someone could help me that would be awesome.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 30, 2015 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Where are you in school? Why are you being given a problem for which you don't understand the basic concepts?

4. Jan 30, 2015 #3
    I'm in college and I'm actually really confused on how to start it since theres only 2 pieces of information.

5. Jan 31, 2015 #4

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

Hi zahresh walji. http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5725/red5e5etimes5e5e45e5e25.gif [Broken]

This "New Member Introductions" forum is for introducing yourself (and testing that your messages are posting okay). If you wish to ask technical questions, please choose a forum appropriate to that, and not this one. A good habit to adopt is to always look through some existing threads in any forum before you begin your own thread, that way you make a preliminary check that it is going to be appropriate.

Choose from those available for homework-type questions here: https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/homework-and-coursework-questions.152/

I hope you find your time is well spent here at Physics Forums.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  6. Jan 31, 2015 #5

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Restart your technical question as a thread in the General Physics forum and I"ll give you the next step (you DO have another piece of information)

7. Jan 31, 2015 #6

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

See NascentOxygen, please start a thread in the homework section for homework problems.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook