1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Projectile motion

1. Sep 19, 2005 #1
    okay well I know this is a fairly simple problem, but I guess my brain isn't it gear today. I'm having trouble figuring this out.

A batter hits a pitched ball when the center of the ball is 1.22 m above the ground. The ball leaves the bat at an angle of 45 degrees with the ground. With that launch, the ball should have a horizontal range (returning to the launch level) of 107 m.
    (a) Does the ball clear a 7.32 m-high fence that is 97.5 m horizontally from the launch point? (b) What is the distance between the top of the fence and the center of the ball when the ball reaches the fence?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 19, 2005 #2

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

OK. Where are you getting stuck? Show your work to get help. (Start by writing the equations describing the vertical and horizontal position of the ball as a function of time.)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?