Proof f'(x)/f(x)=|f(x)|

I give up. You can have the last word if you like.

Thoth
Thank you, and I shall if I may.

Mathematics is not about how many formulas one can memorize or apply in an obviously put problem. Anybody can copy a formula from a book or Internet to falsely pretend the knowledge of mathematics. What is the value of a formula such as ∫ f’ (x)/f (x) dx=ln|f (x)|+C without having basic knowledge about lines and points and how they can be related to each other.

In exams, very good teachers do not care if you can use formulas and in fact they might let you to carry all the formulas and Gaussian equations that you like; because if you do not have basic knowledge about them they are hardly any useful to tackle a well put problem. All sciences and specially mathematics is about the very basic notions of their foundations and their applications relating them.

It is the basic that challenges our mind to go beyond our falsely trained perceptions about the world and its true nature around us. Basics take us underneath of all these awkward looking equations and formulas and show us the beauty and philosophy of mathematical thinking and reasoning. Copying formulas is nothing compare to understanding about the nature of lines and points. Actually the hardest problems are those that ask us to define a line or nature of a point. For example, since the discovery of mathematics our greatest minds have been trying to proof a simple postulate of parallel lines in no avail.

I hope this friction have taught one of us something. Good luck:wink: