Property sales out of this world

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Property
In summary, a man named Dennis Hope owns the Lunar Embassy, which sells properties on the moon and other planets. This idea, although seemingly ridiculous, has been successful, and Njorl jokes about selling empty space for cheap but keeping the mineral rights.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I keep asking myself: Why do I work for a living?

A sign outside denotes this as the "Lunar Embassy."

"They ask if it is a real estate office," owner Dennis Hope says. "It is. It is just not for properties on Earth."

Hope, 55, is the celestial executive officer and self-described "head cheese" of the Lunar Embassy.

He has claimed ownership of the moon and all planets other than Earth since 1980.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2003/Sep-29-Mon-2003/news/22251899.html

Physics news on Phys.org
/sigh

Ok has anyone tried to sell blocks of "space" yet?

Can you say pet rock? This is one of those ideas that is so dumb it actually worked. Of course just anyone anyone could sue this guy and get a piece of that money...

I have a cube of empty space I'm willing to sell cheap, but I want to retain the mineral rights.

Njorl

What is "Property sales out of this world"?

"Property sales out of this world" refers to the buying and selling of real estate properties that are located outside of Earth, such as on other planets or in space.

What types of properties are available for sale in "Property sales out of this world"?

Currently, the types of properties available for sale in "Property sales out of this world" are primarily undeveloped land on other planets or in space. However, as technology advances and space travel becomes more accessible, there may be opportunities to purchase developed properties or even entire space stations.

Who can purchase properties in "Property sales out of this world"?

Anyone with the financial means to do so can purchase properties in "Property sales out of this world". However, the process of purchasing a property in space may involve strict regulations and agreements with governing bodies, such as NASA or the International Space Station.

What are the potential benefits of investing in "Property sales out of this world"?

Investing in "Property sales out of this world" can potentially offer unique and exciting opportunities for future development and expansion. It may also provide a way to diversify one's investment portfolio and contribute to the advancement of space exploration and colonization.

What are some potential risks or challenges associated with "Property sales out of this world"?

One of the main risks associated with "Property sales out of this world" is the uncertainty of future developments and market demand. Additionally, there may be legal complexities and limitations surrounding property ownership in space. It is important for potential buyers to thoroughly research and understand these factors before making a purchase.

Back