University of Florida Student Proposed Schedule for Career Goal

• Thread starter omagdon7
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Schedule
In summary, the student is currently a student at the University of Florida studying chemical engineering and biochemistry with a minor in mathematics and possibly material sciences and sales engineering. They have a career goal of being the head researcher and CEO of a biotech company and are curious what anyone thinks of their schedule. The classes the student is taking are all highly recommended, with the exception of one. The class the student is taking, nusc, is known to be a lot of work towards the end. The student also goes to the same school as the author and has given input on classes they know about.
omagdon7
I am currently a student at the University of Florida studying chemical engineering and biochemistry with a minor in mathematics and possibly material sciences and sales engineering.

I made a mock up of my schedule my career goal is to be the head researcher and CEO of a biotech company and I am curious what anyone thinks of my schedule. I am obviously going to pursure graduate work. If you want a course description let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Proposed Schedule.pdf
    11.3 KB · Views: 249
Physics news on Phys.org
omagdon7 said:
I am currently a student at the University of Florida studying chemical engineering and biochemistry with a minor in mathematics and possibly material sciences and sales engineering.

I made a mock up of my schedule my career goal is to be the head researcher and CEO of a biotech company and I am curious what anyone thinks of my schedule. I am obviously going to pursure graduate work. If you want a course description let me know.

Thanks in advance.

wow, that's fancy. lol. mine is just this rinky-dink word doc. :redface:

cgs2425, I've heard, is a LOAD of work towards the end. i signed up for that during summer a (six weeks! :yuck: ), and dropped it the next day--the last two projects were something like 1000 lines of code.

maa4402 is an awesome class. :cool: especially if you get dr. boyland.

the biophys class isn't offered all the time, so be on the lookout for that class. (and i heard that it wasn't that great when dr. meisel was teaching it.)

cool that you're entering school with your first two semesters of calc and chem out of the way, though! :cool:

and... i don't know what's going on in those last few semesters, but six courses seems like quite a lot.

omagdon7 said:
If you want a course description let me know.

Thanks in advance.

i believe that nusc is saying, "yes, we would like them. we would like them all."

Actually no, it was in response to Matt grime's thread regarding academic advice. He insists that students should not gain such advice from this forum because no one on these forums is entitled to ensure course selection due do to the fact that all university courses are taught differently. Although that should be obvious to everyone, in contrast, mathwonk says otherwise since he had bad experience with advisors in the past.

So it's really upto omagdon7, but don't overload yourself.

Nusc said:
Actually no, it was in response to Matt grime's thread regarding academic advice. He insists that students should not gain such advice from this forum because no one on these forums is entitled to ensure course selection due do to the fact that all university courses are taught differently. Although that should be obvious to everyone, in contrast, mathwonk says otherwise since he had bad experience with advisors in the past.

So it's really upto omagdon7, but don't overload yourself.

oh. well, i got your intent wrong then! :redface:

i happen to go to that school and gave input on classes i know about.

1. What is the University of Florida Student Proposed Schedule for Career Goal?

The University of Florida Student Proposed Schedule for Career Goal is a personalized plan that outlines the courses and activities a student should take during their time at the University of Florida in order to achieve their desired career goal. It takes into account the student's major, interests, and career aspirations.

2. How do I create a University of Florida Student Proposed Schedule for Career Goal?

To create a University of Florida Student Proposed Schedule for Career Goal, students should first research their desired career path and the requirements for that field. They should then meet with their academic advisor to discuss their goals and create a plan that aligns with their major and interests. The university also offers resources such as career workshops and online tools to assist students in creating their proposed schedule.

3. Can I deviate from the University of Florida Student Proposed Schedule for Career Goal?

Yes, the University of Florida Student Proposed Schedule for Career Goal is designed to be flexible and can be adjusted as needed. Students may change their major, interests, or career goals at any time, and their proposed schedule can be modified accordingly with the guidance of their academic advisor.

4. How does the University of Florida Student Proposed Schedule for Career Goal benefit students?

The University of Florida Student Proposed Schedule for Career Goal provides students with a well-rounded education and prepares them for their desired career path. By following a structured plan, students can ensure they are taking the necessary courses and gaining the skills and experiences needed for their future careers. It also helps students stay on track and graduate in a timely manner.

5. Is the University of Florida Student Proposed Schedule for Career Goal mandatory?

No, the University of Florida Student Proposed Schedule for Career Goal is not mandatory. It is a recommended plan that students can choose to follow or modify as they see fit. However, it is highly beneficial for students to have a proposed schedule in order to make the most out of their time at the university and achieve their career goals.