Verifying Sizes of Human Pituitary Proteins

In summary, the individual is seeking assistance in determining the correct sizes (Da) for various human pituitary proteins, including glycoprotein hormones alpha chain, variant hepatic nuclear factor 1, human B-actin, and folate receptor alpha. They have attempted to find the information on their own through Entrez and other bioinformatic sites, but are unsure of the accuracy. They are asking for someone to double check the sizes for them.
sotellme
Can anyone please help me to find the sizes (Da) for these human pituitary proteins? i have looked for them in Entrez and other bioinformatic sites, but am really not sure if they are right. Please, recheck them for me. Thanks a bunch!

1. Glycoprotein hormones alpha chain

i have a vERY hard time with this one. from the Entrez result i only get
Glycoprotein hormones alpha chain precursor form (13041 Da). i need an active form. What is the size? :yuck:

2. Variant hepatic nuclear factor 1
From entrez i got an active form of 166aa. Is this correct?

3. Human B-actin
active form: 41737 Da. Correct?

4. Folate receptor alpha
active form: 96 aa. Correct?

Thanks ! o:)

Biology news on Phys.org

1. What is the purpose of verifying sizes of human pituitary proteins?

The purpose of verifying sizes of human pituitary proteins is to accurately determine the size and structure of these proteins in order to better understand their functions and potential roles in human health and disease. This information can also aid in the development of targeted treatments for disorders related to the pituitary gland.

2. How do scientists verify the sizes of human pituitary proteins?

Scientists typically use techniques such as gel electrophoresis, mass spectrometry, and protein sequencing to determine the size and composition of human pituitary proteins. These methods involve separating and analyzing the proteins based on their size, charge, and other properties.

3. Why is it important to verify the sizes of human pituitary proteins?

Verifying the sizes of human pituitary proteins is important because it provides crucial information about the structure and function of these proteins. This can help researchers understand how these proteins contribute to various bodily processes and disorders, and may lead to the development of new treatments and therapies.

4. What are the potential implications of inaccurate size verification of human pituitary proteins?

Inaccurate size verification of human pituitary proteins can lead to incorrect conclusions about their functions and roles in human health and disease. This can also hinder the development of targeted treatments and therapies, as well as delay progress in scientific understanding of the pituitary gland and related disorders.

5. How can verifying the sizes of human pituitary proteins benefit human health?

Verifying the sizes of human pituitary proteins can benefit human health by providing a better understanding of the functions and potential roles of these proteins in the body. This can lead to the development of targeted treatments and therapies for disorders related to the pituitary gland, as well as potential preventative measures for these conditions.