1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Proton structure

1. May 10, 2004 #1
    I hear about a process called DVCS ("Deeply Virtual Compton Scattering") which should allow access to new distributions of parton called "generalized" distributions. Does someone know what's new about those "GPD" ?
    DVCS at JLab Hall-A

2. jcsd
  3. May 14, 2004 #2
    OK, I see nobody really cares about quarks phenomenology. So I'm gonna answer to myself. I am squatting your forum. (^_^)

I read that GPD would actually allow one to compute the T_\mu\nu of the partons ! (Energy-Momentum tensor) From a "naive" point of view, the only other way I can imagine to measure T_\mu\nu for the partons would be graviton scattering ! Therefore, my question was precisely : what physical quantity can be accessed through GPD (besides T_\mu\nu of partons) and what else remain to be measured inside a nucleon (or generally speaking a hadron), apart from what can be accessed with GPD ?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?