My Daughter's College Acceptance- A Proud Parent Moment

In summary, Lisa's daughter got accepted to a college of her choice and will be moving away soon. Lisa reflects on her time with her daughter and remembers all the good times they have shared.
lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
My daughter got a letter of acceptance to her college of choice yesterday! Woo-hoo!

I'm so very proud of her :approve:. But...the house will feel so empty, I sure am going to miss her...:cry:.

Physics news on Phys.org
Congratulations! it's a good feeling for both parties.

lisab said:
My daughter got a letter of acceptance to her college of choice yesterday! Woo-hoo!

I'm so very proud of her :approve:. But...the house will feel so empty, I sure am going to miss her...:cry:.
Try not to wear out the telephone, darling, she'll be home again for the Easter holidays. :smile:

That great news lisab!

Yay! Congratulations to her!

lisab said:

Congratulations!

But...the house will feel so empty, I sure am going to miss her...:cry:.

Think about all things you will be now able to do any time you want, not only time you can.

Occasions like this can be bittersweet for a parent; you are joyful for the success of your child, but also (understandably) a bit sad that they will not be around as much anymore.

Congratulations to the both of you!

Edit: As Moonbear stated, the adjustment will be quick. :smile: Best wishes to Mollymae and her academic pursuits!

Last edited:
Congrats to you and your daughter (even though you can't possibly be old enough to have a daughter entering college. :wink:). I think that empty nest syndrome thing only lasts about as long as the kids are homesick after going off to college, which is to say that before a week is out, you'll be running around partying again. :biggrin:

Congratualtions Lisa! I hope she does science! :)

Yippie!

Just remember how much homemade goodies in care packages mean... and you'll get regular calls. :biggrin:

congratulations! to both of you :smile:

welcome to PF Mollymae :)

Mollymae, did mom try to steer you to engineering at the University of Maine, Orono? They have a wonderful research/development program in composites there.

Thanks everyone :) I'm sure I will feel homesick too, but I still can't wait!

lisab said:

Congrats to you both.

mollymae said:
Um - PF is a click away.

mollymae said:
I was always close to my family, and because I could hitchhike home on weekends (when I didn't have paying gigs lined up) and holidays, I chose UMO. I had math scholarship offers at MSU and UofA, and a promising deal at MIT, but family kept me close. Air-travel was very expensive in the 60's and I never could have afforded to get home much from out-of-state universities.

You'll have new friends, new opportunities, and your studies, so time will fly. Don't forget to call Mama Basil regularly and keep her in the loop. She'll probably feel the separation more than you will.

Congratulations to both of you!

We have to get mollymae hooked on PF so that lisab will know where to checkup on... uh, I mean, find her. :biggrin:

Congrats Mollymae! Have fun and don't get into too much trouble.

Parents, especially good ones, are a rare breed.

I hope she remembers to study! Reflect on mementos of her around the house.

Congrats to you both!

And I agree with Moonbear. Lisa, you cannot possibly be old enough to have a college-aged daughter.

Moonbear said:
even though you can't possibly be old enough to have a daughter entering college. :wink:

We can keep that a secret :biggrin:

Congratulations Lisab and mollymae!

GeorginaS said:
college-aged

Sincere question from the other side of the pond - how much is that?

mollymae said:
Congatulations, mollymae!

Borek said:
Sincere question from the other side of the pond - how much is that?

Here kids usually graduate high school (am unsure of the equivalent there) at eighteen and can go straight to college from there. Some wait until nineteen and some graduate early and go to college at sixteen or seventeen.

As we know Evo Spawn was born when Evo was about 5 - so Lisa can be still in her twenties :smile:

And at 16+5 she may be not yet able to buy herself a beer in some places...

Thanks for all your kind words. :smile:

mollymae said:
Thanks for all your kind words. :smile:

If you will be good to your Mom you can even get a postcard from Poland :tongue2:

Congrats!:smile:

My daughter , Nell, is in second grade. How much time do I have? Ten years?

It was MORE than ten years ago, I first heard Chef say:

"Children! There's a time and place for everything. It's called College!"

Congratulations too your wee'un. If she majors in art, tell her it's ok NOT to smoke.

Awe congrats! Keep up the good work little one! Which school was the lucky one to get such a great student?

Congratulations to both of you, Lisa and Mollymae!

congrats.!
for both of you.!

Belated congrats, Lisab. Is it payback time?

What is the significance of your daughter's college acceptance?

As a proud parent, my daughter's college acceptance is a major milestone in her academic journey. It represents her hard work, dedication, and achievements throughout high school. It also opens up opportunities for her to pursue her passions and further her education.

What factors contributed to your daughter's college acceptance?

There were several factors that contributed to my daughter's college acceptance. These include her academic performance, extracurricular activities, letters of recommendation, personal essays, and standardized test scores. Additionally, the college admissions process is highly competitive, so a combination of these factors helped her stand out among other applicants.

How did you feel when you found out about your daughter's college acceptance?

As a proud parent, I was overjoyed and filled with a sense of accomplishment when I found out about my daughter's college acceptance. It was a proud moment to see her hard work and determination pay off. I also felt relieved and excited for the new opportunities that awaited her.

What advice do you have for parents whose children are going through the college admissions process?

My advice for parents whose children are going through the college admissions process is to support and encourage them throughout the journey. It is important to remind them that their worth is not defined by a college acceptance or rejection. Encourage them to focus on their passions and strengths, and to apply to a range of schools that align with their interests and goals.

What do you think sets your daughter apart from other college applicants?

I believe my daughter's dedication, hard work, and passion for learning set her apart from other college applicants. She consistently challenged herself academically, took on leadership roles in extracurricular activities, and pursued her interests outside of the classroom. Her unique experiences and achievements made her a well-rounded and competitive applicant.