1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Proving Identities: trig.

1. Aug 16, 2016 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    upload_2016-8-17_0-18-41.png

2. Relevant equations
    none

3. The attempt at a solution

I literally just posted this in the thread: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/proving-identities.881951/
    But since it was marked solved I doubt anyone will see it. So sorry in advance for making a new thread on the same question.

Ok, I am proving the exact same identity as the thread mentioned above, I looked through it and the explanations were very helpful.

I have written out the answer, and would just like to know if I have written it properly as the answers in the thread were a bit jumbled, so I just want to make sure I am following correctly.

upload_2016-8-17_0-26-12.png

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 17, 2016 #2

Student100

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

You're attempting these on your own before looking at threads and solutions right?

The steps are fine, except you should show the factoring step, or just provide an explanation that it was done.

4. Aug 17, 2016 #3
    Okay :)

And yes, I always attempt a question before I go looking for answers, if I don't I won't understand any of the solutions provided.

5. Aug 17, 2016 #4

Student100

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Okay just making sure, don't rob yourself of the joy of solving problems. =)

6. Aug 17, 2016 #5
    Don't worry I won't :wink:

Anyway, thanks for verifying!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted