PS and Jpg in Latex Files

1. Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone could clarify how to put both .ps and .jpg files in the same latex file.

At the minute I'm having to convert all my .jpgs to .ps using photoshop then compiling my latex file by going Latex->PS->PDF. However all my converted jpgs look all pixelated and frankly pretty rubbish.

*Surely* there must be a way to include both .jpgs and .ps files, people need to do this all the time.

When I try to include jpgs I get error messages saying no Bounding Box. Can anyone help me out?

2. jcsd
  3. MATLABdude

MATLABdude 1,723
    Science Advisor

When you say "include both .jpgs and .ps files" does that mean that you're actually using the \include function? If so, there's your problem: ps is postscript, which LaTeX will include in your actual document (it just so happens that your .ps codes for an image, so things happily chug along).

If so, take a look at some of the examples here:

Don't forget to \usepackage{graphicx}!

If not, well, I've never run into that particular problem before--can you post the offending code?
  4. cobalt124

cobalt124 139
    Gold Member

Just want to post a quick thankyou to contributors in this thread. I've been having problems importing gifs into a pdf via latex and you have fixed my problem(s). I'm just converting jpgs to eps's and following what ed2288 and matlabdude suggest. The resultant image isn't perfect but is fit for purpose. Thanks.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?