1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pseudo-reactionless engine?

1. Sep 15, 2006 #1
    Heard about this a few days ago : http://www.newscientist.com/channel/fundamentals/mg19125681.400-relativity-drive-the-end-of-wings-and-wheels.html
    If it actually works, this is, well, revolutionary to say the least. I'm highly doubtful, but a lot hopeful. Anyhoo, New Scientist isn't exactly known for their reliability to get things right, so that dampens things a lot. I'd take it a lot more seriously if it were in say Scientific American. All this aside, does anybody know if this could actually work? The full article explains how it should have a net thrust in one direction without violating known physics, but I'm not knowledgable in this area to know if they actually did their homework right (again, not a whole lot of confidence in New Scientist).

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 15, 2006 #2

Danger

Gold Member

It certainly looks like the intro to a crackpot theory, but I'm not about to pay in order to find out for sure.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?