Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pspice Capture Lite

1. Mar 3, 2006 #1
    I installed Pspice Capture Lite from my student cd that came with my EE book, but the only things in the library are what I DON'T need! :cry: It has no analog voltage or current source!????? Does anyone have or know where I can download an extended library of parts? Also, can anyone tell me how to a voltage/current dependent source into a circuit?

Thanks,

Cyrus

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 4, 2006 #2

vanesch

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In case you're interested, there's a free spice simulator with schematic capture available at the website of Linear:

http://www.linear.com/company/software.jsp

It is presented as a tool to simulate their components, but it is in fact a fully working spice simulator. I got the tip from a consultant that did a job for us and I asked him if he knew of a good free spice simulator, and he referred me to that place. I used it in the mean time for several projects, with imported spice models from other vendors, and it works great.

4. Mar 6, 2006 #3

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Most spice tools have elements called VSRC and ISRC that are voltage and current sources, respectively.

- Warren

5. Mar 10, 2006 #4
    You've got to add all the libraries in the parts window

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?