1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pspice Capture Lite

1. Mar 3, 2006 #1
    I installed Pspice Capture Lite from my student cd that came with my EE book, but the only things in the library are what I DON'T need! :cry: It has no analog voltage or current source!????? Does anyone have or know where I can download an extended library of parts? Also, can anyone tell me how to a voltage/current dependent source into a circuit?

Thanks,

Cyrus

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 4, 2006 #2

vanesch

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In case you're interested, there's a free spice simulator with schematic capture available at the website of Linear:

http://www.linear.com/company/software.jsp

It is presented as a tool to simulate their components, but it is in fact a fully working spice simulator. I got the tip from a consultant that did a job for us and I asked him if he knew of a good free spice simulator, and he referred me to that place. I used it in the mean time for several projects, with imported spice models from other vendors, and it works great.

4. Mar 6, 2006 #3

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Most spice tools have elements called VSRC and ISRC that are voltage and current sources, respectively.

- Warren

5. Mar 10, 2006 #4
    You've got to add all the libraries in the parts window

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?