Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PSPICE help - X variable

1. Nov 28, 2007 #1

I'm running a simulation on PSPICE in which I am trying to plot Vce against Ic for various base currents of a transistor, and I therefore need to have multiple data sets on one graph. I've managed to do this by using the DC Sweep simulation with the primary sweep on the collector resistor and a parametric sweep on the base resistor.

The resulting graph does have a data set for each value of the base resistance, but I am unable to change the X variable to the collector current: it gives me a message saying "Only 1 X variable is allowed" or something like that.

Is there a way round this?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 29, 2007 #2
    So, you are plotting Vce against Ic for a range of stepped Ib's? I really don't think you need to use variables to do this. You can just do a iterated sweep sort of thing.
  4. Nov 29, 2007 #3
    Could you explain how to do this? I've only been using PSPICE for a week or two, so I'm quite new to some of these features.

Many thanks for your response.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?