Simulating Signals in PSPICE Without Re-Adding Traces

In summary, the conversation discusses the process of graphing a signal in PSPICE without having to manually select the signals each time. The speakers also touch on the possibility of refreshing the signal after changing a component value and the limitations of the Student Edition of PSPICE. One speaker also asks for help with plotting steady state temperature of a resistor using PSPICE for homework.
Corneo
Is there a way to tell PSPICE to graph a signal without having to go to Trace>Add-Trace and selecting the signals each time? If I added a signal and then change a component value slightly and run the simulation, is there a way I can refresh the signal without having to go through the add trace method over and over again?

Engineering news on Phys.org
I don't know about PSPICE, but in MicroCAP, the plot setup is sticky. What analysis are you running (AC, DC, Transient, etc.)?

I am trying to perform AC analysis. Thank you for your reply.

Do you have the Student Edition of PSPICE? If so, I won'der if the sticky nature of plot setups is disabled for that edition. Maybe check out the readme/help files about setting up the plot configurations, and also the limitations of the Student Edition.

Hi frndz can anyone tell me homework to plot steady state temperature of resistor using pspice.

1. How can I simulate signals in PSPICE without re-adding traces?

To simulate signals in PSPICE without re-adding traces, you can use the "Simulate All Signals" function. This function allows you to simulate all signals in your circuit without having to manually add each trace. Simply click on the "Simulate" tab and select "Simulate All Signals" from the drop-down menu. This will run the simulation and display all signals on the same plot.

2. Can I edit the simulation settings for individual signals in PSPICE?

Yes, you can edit the simulation settings for individual signals in PSPICE. To do this, right-click on the signal you want to edit and select "Properties" from the menu. This will open a window where you can change the simulation settings, such as the signal name, color, and scale.

3. Is it possible to add markers to specific points on a signal in PSPICE?

Yes, you can add markers to specific points on a signal in PSPICE. First, click on the signal to select it, then right-click and select "Add Marker" from the menu. You can then move the marker to the desired location by clicking and dragging it. This is useful for measuring specific points on a signal, such as peak values or time intervals.

4. Can I export the simulated signals in PSPICE to another program or file?

Yes, you can export the simulated signals in PSPICE to another program or file. Simply click on the "File" tab and select "Export" from the drop-down menu. You can then choose the format in which you want to export the signals, such as CSV or MATLAB. This is useful for further analysis or sharing the simulation results with others.

5. How can I view the simulation results in a separate window in PSPICE?

To view the simulation results in a separate window in PSPICE, you can use the "New Plot Window" function. This will open a new window where you can view the signals in a larger and more detailed format. To use this function, click on the "Simulate" tab and select "New Plot Window" from the drop-down menu.