Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

1. Dec 8, 2007 #1
    Hello Everyone,
    I am trying to model a circuit using Orcad Pspice 9.2
    I am trying to solve the time when the opamp saturates with maximum voltage operation of 10v and -10v. I am applying different voltages to the circuit, when I do the transient analysis, i am not getting the right time. For example, at a voltage applied of 1v, the opamp never saturates, but i get a saturation in the microSeconds. When I apply a voltage of 2 volts, i should get a time of infinity, meaning that the opamp takes a really long time to saturate. I've attached the file, can anyone help me out to diagnose the problem??
    thank you,

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 12, 2007 #2
    There is nothing in the files. Can you attach the .cir file or print a netlist?

Tip: Look at the slew rate of the opamp. That should allow you to calculate the time at which the output hit +Vcc or -Vcc without simulating it.
  4. May 31, 2009 #3
    i am trying to build a circuit that will generate a spike of 10 a crnt with 10000hz freq. but every time i run the simulation it shows convergence problem, and shows the nodes where the problem is occurring. Can you tell me how i can overcome this problem.(plz note that...... the circuit is running fine in real life)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook