Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PSpice Schematic help

1. Jan 28, 2007 #1
    Hi. I'm drawing a Thermistor on PSpice Schematic to show a figure of the Thermistor for the lab write up but I am having trouble drawing the current "i" on PSpice Schematic. Could you help me out and tell me how to insert the current on my schematic? This is only the second time I have ever used PSpice Schematic so I really don't know what I am doing. Also is there a way to assign a + and - sign to my schematic to show voltage rise and voltage drop? Thanks for your help!!!:smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 29, 2007 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I'm not very familiar with PSPICE, but you will generally only put +/- symbols on a voltage source, and a current direction arrow inside of a current source. What happens in the circuit is determined by the simulation itself, and how you define your node voltages. Can you post a screen shot of what you have so far?

4. Jan 29, 2007 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

5. Jan 29, 2007 #4
    Which version of PSPICE are you using? There should be a part called iDC or something to that effect that will insert a current source symbol into your schematic. Additionally, you can insert text boxes in the many versions I have used, but most voltage source parts will show the + and - for you. Could you be a bit more specific?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?