1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Psyched myself out

1. Jan 13, 2013 #1
    So this semester, I am taking electromagnetism with the hardest teacher on campus, and is universally known as such. I have sort of psyched myself out because everyone says the exams are extremely difficult, so right now I am at the point where I am having anxiety at the prospect of taking the exam before I have even seen it. I have done well in previous classes and have a good GPA, but I am psyched out from this and am not sure how to calm myself down, because we have not even taken the test yet and I am freaking out!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 13, 2013 #2
    Don't worry, you're actually very lucky! You already know the exams are going to be difficult so you know exactly what you need to do: Prepare.

When it comes time for the exam go into it 100% prepared and there should be no surprises. Work your butt off, go over the material in your head while you're in the bathroom/shower, then before the test get a good night's sleep and eat breakfast.

Generic as it may sound I really think this is the only (and best) advice to give you. I don't think there are any shortcuts or magic tricks to it. Just hard work.

4. Jan 14, 2013 #3
    Lol.. Well at least you've figured out a secret: Take classes with the hardest professors possible. Do this as much as you can because it will only pay off in the long run even though it is stressful during it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook