Is Music Addiction Taking Over Our Lives?

• Music
  • Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary, people are obsessed with music. They are too concerned with appearing busy and cool to be attentive to their surroundings.
dictionary said:
We: 1. Used by the speaker or writer to indicate the speaker or writer along with another or others as the subject

If he did not want to include himself in the group, he should have used "they." Though from what I have seen of his lyrics, he thinks "they" means "their," so maybe he should check out a dictionary.

Science news on Phys.org
You just don't get it do you? Rap is NOT the written language. If you think it is, then you are under the wrong impression and you should stop listening to it. Go listen to a NAS CD, you could make the same argument towards NAS, yet you like him.

I am not saying I don't like Common, I have never listened to anything he has done, so I have no place to judge his music. My goal here is to show you how silly it is to judge an artist from strictly lyrics and a sample from iTunes which is what you have done with Rakim.

I just bought "I know you got soul"

If this song stinks, your a dead man.

That is a good song. Though, if you have GTA: San Andreas, you could listen to the whole thing on there for free. If you are going to listen to Rakim, give it a few listens to sink in, some of his lyrics/word/rhyme-plays are very complex. Listen to My Melody and you will definitely see what I mean.

Go listen to commons album

One day it'll all make sense.

http://www.napster.com/view/artist/index.html?id=10474224 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to buy Like Water for Chocolate in my next cd purchase. Today is monday, I thought it was the weekend. I guess I will buy it now.

No, that one is not that good!

Buy Be, or one day itll all make sense

BTW, common is not new. Hes been at it since 92'

Last edited:
:rofl: you people have been arguing for 3 days, and 4 pages

Too late already bought it, but from the reviews, they all seem good. If I like it I will check out One Day.

<h2>1. Is music addiction a real thing?</h2><p>Yes, music addiction is a real phenomenon that has been studied by researchers. It is characterized by excessive and compulsive listening to music, often to the point of interfering with daily life.</p><h2>2. How do you know if you are addicted to music?</h2><p>There are a few signs that may indicate a person is addicted to music. These include spending a significant amount of time listening to music, feeling anxious or irritable when unable to listen to music, and neglecting responsibilities in order to listen to music. It is important to note that everyone's relationship with music is different and not all music consumption is considered addiction.</p><h2>3. Can music addiction have negative effects on a person's life?</h2><p>Yes, music addiction can have negative effects on a person's life. It can lead to social isolation, neglect of important tasks and relationships, and even physical symptoms such as hearing loss or headaches. It can also interfere with a person's ability to cope with emotions in a healthy way.</p><h2>4. How is music addiction treated?</h2><p>There is no one specific treatment for music addiction, as it can vary from person to person. However, some common approaches include cognitive-behavioral therapy, which aims to change negative thought patterns and behaviors related to music consumption, and developing healthy coping mechanisms for dealing with emotions. Support groups and individual therapy can also be beneficial for those struggling with music addiction.</p><h2>5. Can music addiction be prevented?</h2><p>While there is no foolproof way to prevent music addiction, there are some steps that can be taken to maintain a healthy relationship with music. This includes setting limits on music consumption, diversifying music choices, and being aware of any negative effects music may have on one's life. It is also important to seek professional help if you feel like your relationship with music may be becoming unhealthy.</p>

1. Is music addiction a real thing?

Yes, music addiction is a real phenomenon that has been studied by researchers. It is characterized by excessive and compulsive listening to music, often to the point of interfering with daily life.

2. How do you know if you are addicted to music?

There are a few signs that may indicate a person is addicted to music. These include spending a significant amount of time listening to music, feeling anxious or irritable when unable to listen to music, and neglecting responsibilities in order to listen to music. It is important to note that everyone's relationship with music is different and not all music consumption is considered addiction.

3. Can music addiction have negative effects on a person's life?

Yes, music addiction can have negative effects on a person's life. It can lead to social isolation, neglect of important tasks and relationships, and even physical symptoms such as hearing loss or headaches. It can also interfere with a person's ability to cope with emotions in a healthy way.

4. How is music addiction treated?

There is no one specific treatment for music addiction, as it can vary from person to person. However, some common approaches include cognitive-behavioral therapy, which aims to change negative thought patterns and behaviors related to music consumption, and developing healthy coping mechanisms for dealing with emotions. Support groups and individual therapy can also be beneficial for those struggling with music addiction.

5. Can music addiction be prevented?

While there is no foolproof way to prevent music addiction, there are some steps that can be taken to maintain a healthy relationship with music. This includes setting limits on music consumption, diversifying music choices, and being aware of any negative effects music may have on one's life. It is also important to seek professional help if you feel like your relationship with music may be becoming unhealthy.