Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ptolemy's Gate

1. Oct 27, 2005 #1

siddharth

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I finally got my hands on Ptolemy's Gate (Final book of the Bartimaeus Trilogy). It was absolutley fantastic. This has got to be one the best fantasy books around. If you ask me, it's right up there with LOTR. How many of you have read the book?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 27, 2005 #2
    I have always being sort of 'iffy' about reading fantasy books. Are they any good?

4. Oct 28, 2005 #3

siddharth

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

It depends on the person who's reading them. Some people might think that books on magic,dragons and all that which are not real, are just plain silly. But I like reading such books anyway. Why don't you pick up one and start reading and see if you like it? The Lord of the Rings would be an ideal book to start with.

5. Nov 5, 2005 #4
    mmm the LOTR is a bit lengthy. I cant finish it cause i always lose track. Anyway Ptolemy's gate was cool and i finshed it today. It's a bit too serious and not quite as good as the others.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?