Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Publish new theory?

1. May 14, 2015 #1
    Hello guys, don't frick out...
    I am a 18 years old guy who is in love with Physics. I came out with some theories regarding quantum physics. I don't pretend to say they are right, and they are probably not. But i really want to publish them so even if they are not I will have some good reasons given by real physicists. I tried to publish them in this forum but one of the rules is that it is illegal to publish personal theories and I understand it.
    If you can please help me to find a way to safely publish and take the merit of them, even if they sound all messed up to you.

Can anybody please help me? thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. May 14, 2015 #2

Demystifier

Science Advisor

One possibility is to make the title "What is wrong with my understanding of quantum physics?". Then, under this title, you can write how you understand it, with expressions such as "my new theory" replaced by "my naive picture", or something similar.

4. May 14, 2015 #3
    Is it safe? I don't want people to steal my stupid thinkings :frown::nb)

5. May 14, 2015 #4
    Without exceptions, all revolutions / innovations in any field have been brought by people who were extremely well-versed on the previously established ideas. Even if your ideas have some good intuitions, most of them will be naive and thus wrong: you're asking someone else to correct them, so they would automatically take a lot of credit anyway. Study physics on your own until you can correct them yourself if you're so sure about them: so even if you find out they were wrong, at least you will have gained a lot of knowledge anyway. Win-win.

6. May 14, 2015 #5

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

I'll be very direct:
    No you did not.
    If you have questions, feel free to ask them, but there is no point in opening the 2126th thread "I don't understand quantum mechanics but I think nature is like this". Seriously, no physicist is interested in reading the same misconceptions as "theory" over and over again. I am a physicist and I know how those threads look like.
    I closed this thread.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook