1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Publishing a Comment

  1. Jul 8, 2012 #1
    For a project in my AP Chemistry course, I recreated an experiment from a journal. I was able to obtain better results than previously documented by improving some steps. I however don't have much to actually add to the study or its conclusions. Is there a way I can submit my new information with out having to do a full blown article?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 9, 2012 #2
    In astrophysics, there is a "mini-journal" called Astrophysics Journal Letters that publishes relatively short (3-4 page) comments on an article.

    Your best bet would probably be to contact the authors of the journal article by e-mail. If they mention your improvements in any future articles, it's customary to mention the people involved in an acknowledgements section.
  4. Jul 11, 2012 #3
    Cool. Is there anything similar for chemistry?

    I'm attempting to figure out most of the process and the information I'll need before contacting the authors.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook