Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pulse reversing spdt?

  1. Nov 15, 2012 #1
    I'm wondering if there is such thing as a spdt which reverses upon being energized/de-energized? So each time a voltage is disconnected then reconnected the switch flips once and locks in place till the next disconnect/connect.

    I'm interested in this for a low voltage dc circuit.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 17, 2012 #2
    Yes, there is such thing. Look under latching relay.
  4. Nov 17, 2012 #3


    User Avatar
    Gold Member

    they are used in alternating pump ejector system and are called alternating relays or contactors.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook