Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pulsing a DC Current

1. Feb 9, 2014 #1
    Hello, I am an Environmental Engineer with very little knowledge of electrical engineering, yet I am working on a project and need a little help. I need to pulse DC current. I have a power supply that will be putting out about 15 vDC and I need to pulse this current at this same voltage. At minimum I need to pulse the current at one second intervals but it would be great if I could try a few other things like a sinusoidal wave or pulsing at different time intervals.

Is there anything out there that I can put in the circuit that will allow me to do this? Perhaps something with a usb port, or something of the sort, so I can code in some different pulsing option with a nice graphical user interface? If there is something out there will it have restrictions on how many volt i can run through it? I will be running at about 15 vDC but I may potentially want to go as high as 40 or as low 3 volts.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 9, 2014 #2

meBigGuy

Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook